Lockets gently hold photos of our loved ones and keep them free from any damage and close to your heart and nothing beats the brilliance and exclusivity of a diamond-clad locket.
Diamond Locket PendantJewelry
Heart lockets are the jewelry of adoration and passion people keep forever. Some use it to treasure photographs of their loved ones, some use it as a fashion accessory, but whatever the case, there’s no denying the noble quality of possessing something encrusted with diamonds. Diamond heart lockets serve as statements of unending love and an unbreakable bond that you won’t find in any other jewelry.
There are things you need to consider when shopping for diamond jewelry such as the clarity, color, weight, and certification.
No two diamonds are exactly alike as they are formed. A diamond is identified by its distinguishing characteristics called inclusions, which are marks that are often invisible to the naked eye. Although, under a jeweler's magnifying loupe or microscope they can look like crystals, tiny rivers, or clouds, and this is how clarity is determined.
A diamond's clarity is determined by the presence or absence of inclusions. Fewer inclusions mean better clarity and visibility. When a diamond possesses excellent clarity, it will have higher brilliance and value.
A diamond is graded by the following categories:
- F/ Flawless—The diamond shows no inclusions or blemishes of any sort under 10X magnification when observed by an experienced grader.
- IF/ Internally Flawless—The diamond has no inclusions when examined by an experienced grader under 10X magnification, but will have some minor blemishes.
- VVS1, VVS2/ Very, Very Slightly Included—The diamond contains minute inclusions that are difficult even for an experienced grader to see under 10X magnification.
- VS1, VS2/ Very Slightly Included—The diamond contains minute inclusions such as small crystals, clouds, or feathers when observed with effort under 10X magnification.
- SI1, SI2/ Slightly Included—The diamond contains inclusions (clouds, included crystals, knots, cavities, and feathers) that are noticeable to an experienced grader under 10X magnification.
- I1, I2, I3/ Included—The diamond contains inclusions (possibly large feathers or large included crystals) that are obvious under 10X magnification and may affect transparency and brilliance.
Diamonds come in a broad range of colors, but colorless ones have traditionally been considered the most valuable. Most diamonds are graded on a scale using the letters of the alphabet, from D (colorless), the best grade, through Z (a light yellow).
It is difficult for the untrained eye to notice diamond color variations unless stones are being compared with a colorless (D) diamond on the side.
A diamond's weight is measured in carats. One carat is equivalent to 100 points. You will often hear diamonds being referred to as a 3/4-carat stone or a 75-point diamond. A diamond's weight is categorized using the following measures:
- one-fourth (1/4)
- one-third (1/3)
- one-half (1/2)
- three-fourth (3/4)
- one (1)
- one and one-half (1 1/2)
- two (2)
- three (3)
Since all diamonds are unique, they’re traceable. This is a great feature for the protection of the buyers so they can determine if their diamonds are ethically sourced or aren’t stolen.
A diamond certificate represents the unique verification that the stone purchased has all the qualities of cut, color, clarity, shape, weight expected, and in some cases its origin.
Gold Diamond Locket
Diamonds, are the hardest substance on earth and are resistant to damage.
However, you need to know how to take care of the jewelry the diamond is set in.
- Create a cleaning solution that contains one part ammonia to six parts water
- Use a gentle brush to remove any dirt
- Clean at least once a year
- Stored in a soft cloth pouch to ensure that the stone will not scratch other jewelry
Diamond Lockets for Women
Our gorgeous diamond lockets make the perfect and sentimental gifts for mothers, wives, sisters and daughters. Made with fine gold and diamonds, our pieces are exceptional heirloom pieces and can be passed for generations. A classy gift for birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and Christmas but can be given to a loved one to make them feel loved and appreciated. Our designs are elegantly crafted and can be worn with any outfit on any occasion.
For all your jewelry needs and lustrous designs, choose the Gracious Rose quality. Show your love to someone and buy a diamond locket today!